to our local area
• Specialities or exclusive offers, providing value to the consumer:
– marketer of Pink Lady® and Joya®
– products selected with strong identities: Reine des Reinettes Gourmande®, Tasty Granny®
– a cooking-apple segment: The Cueillette Futée du Chef® apple
• Commitment to industry-wide standards
• A wide range of packaging formats, including consumer units
• Early harvest and season-long availability
• Complementary growing areas, thanks to partnerships
PROPERTIES OF APPLES
Apples are rich in vitamins, carbohydrates, iron and potassium. Apples are the go-to fruit for weight-loss diets. Apples have a high fructose concentration, which helps you maintain good blood sugar levels.
The fibres in apples are easy to digest and help maintain regularity. Apples are great snacks. You know the proverb: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”.
Low in calories, apples help lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood, thanks to pectin.
A very ripe, unpeeled, raw apple, shredded fine, is a very effective treatment for diarrhoea in children.
To soothe coughing from bronchitis or whooping cough, make freshly squeezed apple juice and add honey.
Having an apple at night will help you sleep.
It strengthens tooth enamel.
An infusion of dried apples is a good diuretic.
The nutritional value of apples is 52 calories per 100 grams, with 0.26 g of protein, 0.17 g of fat and 13.81 g of carbohydrates.
Used on the skin, apple pulp softens, soothes, exfoliates, firms and cleanses. It is good for all types of skin; the most acidic apples are best for oily skin.
Shred an apple and spread the pulp on your skin; leave on for 5 minutes and rinse.